As an immigration advisor you may be looking at Help with my visa! and wondering just what is in it for you by signing up to become a Seller? And that’s an absolutely valid question and one that we’d like to attempt to answer in this post. But do indulge us for a moment while we lay out some context, and we’ll cycle back round to make our point.
In the UK, being able to provide immigration advice requires an appropriate level of registration by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). This registration, which requires intimate knowledge of different areas of immigration advice services, is assessed by examination and isn’t something that anyone can just wake up and decide to do. It takes time, hard work and dedication to achieve (and retain!) and immigration advisors cannot practice without it.
Why labour this point? Well, running a business – as many immigration advisors do – also takes a lot of effort. Whether it’s marketing yourself to win new customers, doing your accounts to stay on top of your cash flow or keeping a website and social media profile up-to-date, these are day-to-day activities that likewise take time, effort and dedication. Now, new technologies, evolving consumer expectations and different ways of working are offering business owners new and cost-effective ways of running a successful business without having to do so much of the legwork. This is where Help with my visa! comes in.
New ways of working
Back in 2016, the Law Society of England and Wales had already identified that:
- Customers are expecting more standardised and transparently priced legal services
- Buying behaviours are tending towards a preference for online purchases
- Technology will play an increasingly important role in the delivery of legal services
- Start-ups and innovators offer legal services firms (like immigration advisers) the opportunity for partnership that can change their ways of working for the better
Indeed, the Law Society went as far as to state:
“If a business is not reinventing itself to adapt to changing market conditions then it is highly likely it will go into decline or be taken over by those that are better adapted to the new environment. This statement is no less true for law firms than for any business.”
Fast forward to 2019, and management consultancy firm PwC is finding that:
- Firms are making the buying process simpler for customers through digital technologies
- People are willing to pay a premium for a good buying experience
- A good experience can be such a powerful buying factor that 46% of an online retailer’s customers said they would exclusively or more frequently shop there due to the excellent experience
How to take advantage of these changes
So, if you run an immigration advice service and want to take advantage of technology, consumer buying trends and more productive ways of working, where do you start? How about signing up to become a Seller with Help with my visa!? By doing so you will get access to services such as the ability to:
- Create an online profile on the Help with my visa! platform where you can promote your business and sell your services
- Standardise your service offerings using pre-built or customisable products and categories to align with customer buying expectations and Law Society recommendations
- Sell your services online at any time of the day or night and have an appointment booked with a customer to start their consultation with you
- Receive full transaction and payment transparency through access to your own portal within the Help with my visa! platform and automated payments made to you at scheduled intervals to help keep on top of your cashflow
- Have Help with my visa! promote your services in platform search results and run digital marketing campaigns on your behalf using tools such as Google Ads, Facebooks, Twitter or Instagram ads and LinkedIn Sponsored Ads
We’re currently building out our Seller offerings to give immigration advisers choice in how they sell their services through us. We aim to make it as easy and painless as possible to get you setup and selling your services and we can offer different levels of support depending upon how you want to work with us.
We’re here to make life easier not just for those seeking help with making visa applications but for immigration advisers who provides these services. To find out more, you can send us a message by filling out the short form to Become a Seller and we will send you an information pack about the packages we offer. And stayed tuned for more details on how immigration advisers can take advantage of Help with my visa! to grow their business, we’ll be continuously adding to this blog.